Collection: Kevin LePrince
LePrince left his investment banking job in 2002 to pursue a career as an oil painter. In 2011 he founded LePrince Fine Art in Charleston, SC, then later in Naples, Fl. The galleries feature his works along with 30 other contemporary artists.
Read Kevin LePrince's Bio and Features.
Kevin began his career in finance with Morgan Stanley but spent his nights and weekends painting in the studio of Charleston's prominent impressionist artist, John Carroll Doyle. LePrince studied art in New York at the Arts Student League and New Mexico at the Fechin Institute but is primarily self-taught. In 2003, LePrince left banking to pursue his art career full-time. LePrince's art quickly became a topic of feature stories in many art magazines, including American Art Collector, Art Mag, Charleston Style and Design, Art Galleries and Artist of the South, and Southwest Art Magazine.
In 2012 LePrince was Huntsville Museum of Art's featured artist, and he continues to be featured on several wine labels. The Sanctuary at Kiawah, Wexford Plantation, Bald Head Island Club, Figure Eight Island, and other prominent institutions have his work in their permanent collection.
In 2015, LePrince founded LePrince Fine Art featuring his works and several other emerging and established domestic and international artists. In 2020, he opened his third location in Naples, Florida, and painted the beauty and simplicity most often found in the South.
View/Download Kevin LePrince's Printable Biography
- 2020, Opened LePrince Fine Art Gallery in Naples, FL.
- 2017, Arts Etc. Featured Artist.
- 2015, LePrince pledged to auction 30+ paintings over the course of one year (beginning fall of 2014) and give half of the proceeds to charity.
- 2014, New England Center for Art and Technology Commissioned LePrince to create “Forged by Fire,” which hangs in the center’s board room.
- 2013, Bjoern Lawner winemaker - LePrince was chosen to create several wine labels for French wine.
- 2012, Huntsville Museum of Art's annual gala - LePrince was named feature artist and joined the ranks of a select few nationally and internationally renowned artists. LePrince set a new single-night gala record for total paintings sold.
- 2011, The Beaufort Wine and Food Festival - LePrince was the featured artist.
- 2010, The Charleston Symphony Orchestra League - LePrince was chosen featured artist for the Artists Helping Artists gala.