about Mark Bailey
Artist Mark Bailey’s painterly brushstrokes subtly define figures and objects within his works. His impressionist style captures an intimate portrait of his figures and the surrounding environment. Bailey’s cityscapes and interiors seem to glow with the energy of the city and its busy urban backdrops. His exquisite figures reveal an unspoken undertone of an individual story within each scene he translates onto canvas.
- Mark Bailey earned his Bachelor’s degree in fine art (BFA) from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.
- A favorite among collectors, Bailey was chosen in 2010 by Southwest Art magazine as one of “21 Under 31 Artists To Collect Now” and has since been a featured artist within the publication as well as American Art Collector, The Artist’s Magazine, and others.
- Bailey has also received acclaim in art competitions, including Best In Show at the Governor’s Art Exhibit in Colorado.
Selected Articles and Press:
- Fine Art Connoisseur - "Cooking, Dining, & Wining", by Kelly Compton, Jun. 2019
- Style Magazine - "Governor's Art Show 2017", interview by Maggie Shafer, Apr. 2017
- Southwest Art - "2017 Colorado Governor's Art Show Preview", by Katie Askew, Apr. 2017
- Southwest Art - "Ten Artists to Watch in 2017", Jan. 2017
- American Art Collector - "Charleston: Inside & Out", Nov. 2015
- Charleston Style & Design - Fall 2015
- Charleston Style & Design - Summer 2015
- Southwest Art - "The Human Experience", Jan. 2012
- The Artist's Magazine - "28th Annual Art Competition", Interview by Rosemary Seidner, Dec. 2011
- Southwest Art - "21 under 31 - Young Artists to Collect Now", Bonnie Gangelhoff, Sept. 2010
- Charleston Style & Design - "Southern Artistry", Amy Stockwell Mercer, Winter 2011
- Portrait of Portland - "Urban Calling", Donna Pizzi, Vol. 20, 2010
- American Art Collector - referenced, Vols. 36, 47
- Vancouver Voice - "Abstract Concrete", Interview by Adam Stewart, Aug. 2008
- Informed Collector - Issue 491
- ArtistADay.com - July 31, 2010